PRESENTER CODE OF CONDUCT
You agree to abide by the eSpeakers Code of Conduct as a condition of presenting for an eSpeakers customer. The purpose of the Code is to ensure an outstanding level of service to Clients, so that they feel confident and positive in the eSpeakers brand that you represent as an expert.
As a presenter, I pledge to:
- Accept only those engagements for which I possess the appropriate experience and competence to provide the services requested. I will accurately represent my qualifications and experience in both oral and written communications.
- Deliver what the Client expects from each “Outcome Brief”, plus a little more.
- Serve clients with integrity, competence, and professionalism by acting and speaking so as to neither offend nor bring discredit to eSpeakers, the client, or my profession.
- Have Integrity – Don’t withdraw or cancel any committed engagements for a better gig.
- Be on time – arrive early – not at the last minute. Use only my allotted time and no more.
- Exert due diligence to understand a clients’ organization, approaches, and goals in pursuit of delivering an outcome.
- Avoid using materials, titles, and thematic creations originated by others, either orally or in writing, unless all appropriate permission has been granted or recognition in compliance with the laws of copyright is given to the author.
- Maintain a collegial relationship with the client, participants, and eSpeakers based on respect, professional courtesy, dignity, and the highest ethical standards.
- Treat appropriately all confidential client information by maintaining and respecting the confidentiality of business or personal affairs of a client, and eSpeakers.
- Maintain a high ethical standard and practice that avoids anything which could be interpreted as fraud or dishonesty.
- Be clear upfront about what can and cannot be recorded on video or audio, used by the client internally and/or distributed online.
- Honor my relationship with eSpeakers by not soliciting direct work with Clients I am introduced to as an expert. I will perform further work for that Client through the eSpeakers platform, or communicate with eSpeakers to make specific arrangements.
- Be considerate of the client and participants by contributing to a collaborative, positive, and healthy environment in which the desired outcome can succeed. I will never discriminate or harass. I will avoid any behavior or language that is unwelcoming, whether or not it rises to the level of harassment. I will be respectful of the cultural norms and requests of clients and audiences by removing images and language from presentations that are not a fit.
- Be inclusive: Go out of your way and across cultures to include the client’s team and participants. Avoid slang or idioms that might not translate across cultures, or be deliberate in explaining them to share our diverse cultures and languages. Speak plainly and avoid acronyms and jargon that some may not understand.
- Be kind. Be polite and friendly in all forms of communication – especially remote communication, where opportunities for misunderstanding are greater. Avoid sarcasm.
- Avoid being rude – sleazy, sexist, racist, ageist, etc.
Version 1.0 | Feb 2, 2022